[NCLUG] Spam from a Fort Collins company!

J. Paul Reed preed at sigkill.com
Mon Jan 28 15:47:20 MST 2002

On Mon, 28 Jan 2002, Michael Dwyer wrote:

> Its all sooooo not worth it, yet he annoyed me enough that I /really/
> want to go through with it.  If anyone else got this spam, I would really
> like to know...

Maybe you could make it NCLUG-sponsored lawsuit. :-)

The other thing you could check up on is his ISP, "DialTone Internet"
(whom you mentioned).

They sound like they don't give a rat's ass, but AT&T is (one of) their
providers, so you might look at AT&T's ISP AUP and see if it covers
spamming; if so, you might mention to DialTone Internet that they deal with
their customer quickly and properly (and I don't quite know what this
means... pay you the fee, maybe?), or you'll talk to AT&T about them not
following their AUP.

It's a (wonderful, wonderful) chain, really...

> Plus, it might be a press-worthy event, and maybe an opportunity for a
> sound-bite: "It is a start, but it just isn't powerful enough."

You might be the first person to win a case against a spammer in the state
of Colorado, which could (probably would) definitely get you on the evening
news (I might uhh... be able to help with that)... if I were you, I'd go
for it, but then again, I'm known for testing the patience of social
institutions (*cough* freepaul.org *cough*).

Later,
Paul