[NCLUG] KRUD (2002-01-01) and MegaRAID Problems

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Mon Jan 28 17:07:59 MST 2002

>> other parameters. ;( You could try booting the 7.2 with 'linux
>> expert' and epecifically

>> make it load the megaraid module.

Ray> I'm going to have to ask you how exactly what you mean.  When I
Ray> type "linux expert", I get prompted for "Do you have a Driver
Ray> Disk", I do, but it's the one I got from HP, and I have tried
Ray> right direction, I'd appreciate it.

It should be after that... tell it you don't have a driver disc, and
it should ask you about your hardware, what driver you want to load
for each thing. I haven't done this in a while, perhaps they changed
it for 7.2? :(

>> You can also go to the vty on alt-f4 and alt-f5 and see if it has
>> any

>> error messages.

Ray> So far, no obvious errors, but the messages on alt-f4 (of
Ray> alt-f3/f4 available) scroll by pretty fast, and there is no
Ray> apparent way to scroll back.

yeah, I think you might be able to alt up arrow or the like, but not
much...

at alt-f2 should be a shell prompt, you can try doing an 'lsmod' there
and confirm that the megaraid.o module is loaded.

Ray> I'll look into the boot image.
Ray> Thanks for your help.

no prob,

kevin