[NCLUG] Help needed getting networking running in Debian

Sivea Key siveakey at attbi.com
Thu Jul 11 10:52:20 MDT 2002

----- Original Message ----- > >
> > Box 3 has a Netgear FA310TX and a completely different (and more modern)
>   ^^^^^
>   I assume you mean box 1 as you say box 3 has a 3c509 further down ...

Yes, of course I do. Guess it was getting too late at night. Actually,
thanks to your great advice, I have 2 machines, Box 2 and 3, working in both
DHCP and static modes. Simply switch between versions of /etc/hosts and
/etc/network/interfaces depending upon what I need. Until I work out DNS on
Debian, I'll probably use static.

So, on to box 1, with the FA310TX. It has a few problems, among which is
that I haven't managed to get xfree86 configured right yet for the Apple 20
multisync monitor. Anyway, lsmod shows Tulip but 0 used. And /etc/modules
has Tulip listed. That seems like a clue. What should I try?