[NCLUG] filesystem question

Sean Reifschneider jafo-nclug at tummy.com
Fri Jul 12 00:04:46 MDT 2002

On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 05:08:11PM -0600, Elena Jakubikova wrote:
>I use Red Hat 7.0 OS and I am having a problem with the fact that the
>maximum size a file can have is restricted to 2 GB. Is there any way to
>increase this maximum size or is it something impossible to change?
>I would appreciate any help with this problem.

Upgrading to RedHat 7.2 or better may help this.  It depends on what
application is having problems writing the file.  If it's a normal system
application, 7.3 may do the job.  If it's some application you've added on
and/or compiled yourself, you will probably have to compile it with "large
file support" (LFS).  How you do this depends on what the application is.

 "How can just a few feet of unshielded twisted pair bring SO much joy?"
                 -- Paul Orosz on DSL, paraphrasing Homer Simpson