[NCLUG] Spam Assassin/closed list

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Mon Jun 3 17:02:18 MDT 2002

On Mon, Jun 03, 2002 at 04:30:50PM -0600, Eric Brunson wrote:
>SpamAssassin rewrites the Subject header (thereby violating the
>principle of least munging ;-) so ensuing procmail rules can either
>ditch them or reroute them to a different mailbox.

You can actually change that, but if MS E-mail clients seem to have
recently removed the ability to filter on arbitrary message headers.  You
can now only deal with "subject contains" or other very simple transforms.

>SpamAssassin has correctly assassinated 624 spam emails on my private
>account since May 7 with no false positives and maybe 20 false
>negatives.

Wow.  SpamAssassin has marked over 600 messages *THIS WEEK* on my box.  ;-O

                 -- Gregory Benford