[NCLUG] Need help identifying a mystery network

marciot marciot at holly.colostate.edu
Fri Jun 14 17:06:27 MDT 2002

>On the other hand, there is a sort of altruistic gift that some people
>give.  Some people set up wireless access points for the express use of
>other people.

On the flip side of altrusitic... How about setting it up so outside users get
redirected to a web page that allows them to use PayPal or something to buy
airtime in minute increments? Make money off your wireless access point ;) I
personally wouldn't mind buying some airtime off my neighbors.

Thanks for the netstumbler link. That's quite cool, but the thing that
*really* caught my attention was the article "The Next 802.11 Revolution"
that's on the front page. Just the other day I was thinking about a wireless
peer-to-peer packet-hopping-type network and why nobody else had thought of
it. Apparently they have. Goes to show you, whenever you think you've thought
of something new, chances are someone else has already thought of it before.

Marcio Luis Teixeira