[NCLUG] any experience modifying gcc specs files?

Mike Loseke mike at verinet.com
Thu Jun 20 14:52:50 MDT 2002

Thus spake Gabriel L Somlo:

> I'm not sure this is what you're looking for, but here it
> goes anyway:  :)
>
> If you append the path to your gcc libs at the end of
>
> 	/etc/ld.so.conf
>
> and then run
>
> 	/sbin/ldconfig
>
> the linker will find your libs without users having to list
> them in their $LD_LIBRARY_PATH

 Yes, unfortunately this is for a gcc compile on Solaris, and it's
impossible to add paths to those searched at runtime except with
$LD_LIBRARY_PATH. I was just hoping someone was familiar with the specs
file itself.

--
                  | If you hear a Southerner exclaim, "Hey, y'all,
   Mike Loseke    | watch this!" stay out of his way. These are
 mike at verinet.com | likely the last words he will ever say.