[NCLUG] Mandrake firewall

William Dan Terry william.terry at knotworks.com
Fri Jun 21 10:14:40 MDT 2002

I was trying to get the Mandrake firewall onto an HP Vectra P200. While
Mandrake says that all you need is a Pentium, I can't get the system to
boot, either from CD or FD, for the install. Yet I have not trouble
booting from KRUD CD or RedHat floppy. Any thoughts? Or is it just that
Mandrake probably doesn't support the hardware. Their hardware db only
covers Mandrake 8.x and the firewall is 7.1. So I can't get a definitive
answer from it.

TIA, William

How do we acquire wisdom along with all these shiny things? -David Brin

    PGP public key:     http://www.knotworks.com/wdt_pgp_pubkey.asc
    fingerprint:   DC 80 E4 18 E2 CB AC F4  8C 59 9B 9C BB A2 D7 4B