[NCLUG] Linux on a HP visualize X-class workstation

John jafish at spearnet.net
Sun Jun 23 01:09:56 MDT 2002

Hey all you HP people!

    I have a HP Visualize X-CLass workstation(A1280A Dual p3 866 HP Fx4+
graphics card) and I was wondering If it would be possible to to run
Linux on it .  I guess the only thing I am really wonding is if the
graphics card will work . Did some searches on Google found some
references to the HP Fx5 and 10 running the HP x-server taht works in
Linux.  I  would prefer to run mandrake 8.0 -8.2 (Due to I have copys of
these distro's, also have Red hat 7.0 and SUSE 6.3 I belive it is?)  the
machine is a little old and in the docs. they  certified it to RH 6.2,
but I am still wondering about the Fx4+ card. Any ideas or suggestion
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx : John