[NCLUG] usb modems anyone?

mbutcher mbutcher at aleph-null.tv
Fri Mar 1 14:05:44 MST 2002

I was just compiling the kernel this morning and noticed that they mention
some specific USB-modems that are supported. You can look there and see if
they work "before you buy."

The relevent file is (in the Linux src) Documentation/usb/acm.txt

It lists several "known compatible" modems:
3Com OfficeConnect 56k
3Com Voice FaxModem Pro
3Com Sportster
Multitech Multimodem 56k
Zoom 2986L FaxModem
Compaq 56k FaxModem
ELSA Microlink 56k

Note that these are for 2.4.18. Other kernels may have different supported
devices.

http://www.linux-usb.org may also be helpful.