[NCLUG] Cheapskate thanks you for your kind assistance

Ken Haile kenhaile at yahoo.com
Wed May 15 13:31:48 MDT 2002

Greetings -

Thanks to all of you who kindly responded to my request for help.  I
appreciate the hours of torn hair and despair that you have saved me.  The
points made about "museum quality" hardware is a very good one.  It seems
to me the best thing to do is start with a computer that has enough
capability to run a standard version (one similar to my friends :) that
won't pose a significant challenge to me to install.  After I understand
more about Linux I will be able to pull my 486 into the picture.

   1. Re: Help requested in learning Linux (Marcio Luis Teixeira)
   2. Re: Help requested in learning Linux (mbutcher)
   3. Re: Help requested in learning Linux (Brian Stanback)
   4. Re: Help requested in learning Linux (crucial)
   5. Re: Help requested in learning Linux (mbutcher)
   6. Re: Help requested in learning Linux (J. Paul Reed)

Cheapskate will keep his eyes open for a 200 mHz or better computer with
at least a 2 gig hard drive.  In my cheapskately way I've got a switch
that will allow me to share the keyboard, mouse, and monitor with up to 4
computers - so all I need is the box.  I've also found out that there are
many kind people at NCLUG!  Thanks again to all of you!

Ken Haile