[NCLUG] Cheapskate thanks you for your kind assistance

Rich Young rich at republicoftech.com
Fri May 17 00:27:30 MDT 2002

Whoa, Nelly!  I just swung by VMWare to get my license for the full version,
and I was off by about 100% -- they want around $300 for it!  I guess I was
looking at the upgrade price before.  $300 makes it almost certain that you
could buy a good used dedicated linux box for less than the software costs of
converting.  You could almost buy a new eMachines box for that much.

On the bright side, Journey Ed sells an academic license for $139.  I qualify
(I teach part time), but you may not; they're pretty careful about proof of
academic status.

--Rich