[NCLUG] NCLUG* LIST POLICY CHANGE

Matt Taggart matt at lackof.org
Mon May 27 15:05:30 MDT 2002

NCLUG* LIST POLICY CHANGE

Sorry for the shouting but I wanted people to see this...

I have changed the nclug, nclug-announce, and nclug-cvs mailing lists to
direct replies to GO TO THE POSTER. This is a change from the previous
behavior which was to send the replies back to the list.

In the past we've had arguements about whether it was better to err towards
open discussion or err towards preventing embarassment. In addition to the
"reply-to munging considered harmful", I have recently seen several people
accidentially post private information to the list. So at the risk of a less
open discussion I have decided to change the policy.

In order to promote a healthy local linux community, please use reply-all when
responding to list posts and only reply privately when appropriate.

Thanks,

--
Matt Taggart
matt at lackof.org