[NCLUG] desktop link behavior

Marcio Luis Teixeira marciot at holly.colostate.edu
Mon May 27 21:00:08 MDT 2002

On Monday 27 May 2002 05:45 pm, Idris S Hamid wrote:
> Dear Linux hackers,
>
> I am just starting out with my new Linux system (Suse 8.0 Professional). I
> have not used Unix extensively till now so I'll probably have lots of
> questions in the coming days and weeks:-)
>
> First off, my root account is acting a bit strange under KDE. After a
> session using Acrobat Reader, after logging out and logging back in I find
> the following strange behavior: upon clicking on any desktop icon the
> system tries to open the directory with, not Konqueror, but Acrobat Reader
> (!) which of course fails. How can I fix things?
>
> Best wishes
> Idris

I'm assuming you're using Konqueror. If so, you might want to check under
"Settings" -> "Configure Konqueror" -> "File Associations". Perhaps acrobat
got associated with "all" files or something screwy like that. You should be
able to fix the problem there.

Caveat: I'm running SuSE 7.3 on a PPC, which is different from what you have,
so the above option may be in a slightly different location.

Good luck,

Marcio Luis Teixeira