[NCLUG] users only

Sean Reifschneider jafo-nclug at tummy.com
Wed May 29 00:46:23 MDT 2002

On Mon, May 27, 2002 at 08:43:46PM +0100, Matthew Wilcox wrote:
>because restricting a list to members-only SUCKS ARSE.  a more useful
>question is why nobody's installed spamassassin on the list server yet.

What's wrong with restricting the list to memebers only?  In particular,
with mailman you can subscribe multiple addresses, but only enable delivery
for one of them, so it's not SO bad...  BLUG is closed and folks seem not
too unhappy with that.  CLUE is also closed...

I can definitely set up spamassassin before the messages get to the mailing
list.  Do we then just bounce back any replies that are determined to be
spam, or do we just discard them?  Or do we hook spamassassin into the
normal approval process, so Matt sees them and can approve them or discard
them as required?

 I put my hand upon her lever, said "let it rock and let it roll."
 I had the one-arm-bandit fever, it was an arrow through my heart, that's all.