META RE: [NCLUG] Another Job posting

Stephen Queen svq at peakpeak.com
Thu Nov 7 14:06:40 MST 2002

John L. Bass wrote:

>	There is a difference between when an acquaintance calls me regarding a
>	job opening that she is aware of and when a head hunter contacts me
>	about the same job. This list should be able to discriminate the
>	difference as well.
>
>	Steve Queen
>
>Yeah - I think so to. When Exasource is seeking to build their resume database
>and pull commissions of $10,000 to $45,000 per head placed from this list's free
>advertising (which comes out of our internet bandwidth quota's) people need to
>consider actually charging this guys for list access. This is high dollar SPAM
>to me if we are not getting anything out of it.
>
>	See http://www.exasource.com/employer.html
>
>	"Since in todays market time is of the essence, we offer additional
>	discounts for companies that have quicker turn-around times. The 30% fee
>	schedule listed below for contingency search reflect time frames in excess
>	of 90 days from the presentation of candidates, to a decision and offer
>	extended. If your cycle time is between 30 - 60 days, the fee is reduced
>	to 25%, and if your really serious and can move within 30 days, the fee
>	is further reduced to 20% of the estimated first years income."
>
>When I ran the SVNet (Silicon Valley Network) users group in the SF Bay Area
>we actually charged market rates for companies like this to use our targeted
>lists. That paid for operating SVNet, and then some.
>
>John
>
>.

So, you think Michael should be charged money for telling us that there
is a job opening.

And now that I think of it, people pay high dollars for support too.
After all it is a big business. Maybe we should start charging on a per
question basis as well. Think of all the money we could bring in!

Steve