[NCLUG] webhosting question

Sean Reifschneider jafo-nclug at tummy.com
Tue Oct 15 22:28:49 MDT 2002

On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 10:14:30PM -0600, Chris Riddoch wrote:
>I'd like to take this moment to mention that Peak to Peak only allows
>you to use FTP to upload pages to your web space, and only provides
>POP3 for pulling down email from their server, both of which send your

I'd like to point out that the community.tummy.com system, which this
list and other "shared hosting" things are run on ONLY allows SSH
access.  ;-)

The funny thing is though, if you deal with general "web developers"
they are almost universally unable to deal with anything but unencrypted
FTP...

 Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves
 on a rainy Sunday afternoon.                -- Heinlein