[NCLUG] CD Burning with IDE Burner

Jim Wildman jim at rossberry.com
Tue Oct 29 11:49:50 MST 2002

cdrecord works with lots of ide based drives through a scsi emulation
layer.

Here is part of my lsmod

ide-scsi                8192   0
scsi_mod               95688   3  [sg sr_mod ide-scsi]
ide-cd                 27072   0
cdrom                  28544   0  [sr_mod ide-cd]e

Try
cdrecord -scanbus
to see if it finds the drive.

Jim Wildman, CISSP                                      jim at rossberry.com