[NCLUG] Howto partition a drive from a script???

Christopher C.J. Keist cjay at engr.colostate.edu
Thu Oct 31 15:20:03 MST 2002

Wanted to see if anyone knows of a way to partition a hard drive (or my
case a RW maginto-optical disk) from a perl script.  I only know of the
manual way using fdisk.  I tried "parted" but it only works with sector
size of 512 bytes, my optical disks are 2048.
I have two HP 1200EX SureStore optical juke boxes, each contains 238
5.2GB optical disks and 10 optical drives.  I want to write a perl
script that will load each platter and create a singe partition of typ
"fd".
I'm using mtx to control the juke box, but need a way to partition the
drives with user input.

Thanks...

C.J. Keist                                                     Phone:
970-491-0630
UNIX/Network Manager                           Fax: 970-491-5569
Colorado State University                        email:
cjay at engr.colostate.edu
Dean of Engineering

I just want the chance to prove, "Money can't buy happiness"....