[NCLUG] NVIDIA GeForce 2

Christopher C.J. Keist cjay at engr.colostate.edu
Fri Sep 6 09:31:30 MDT 2002

Sorry, Yes.  I did follow the README and modified XF86Config file.  The
load glx is there and DRI is not along with some other driver they
listed that I forget.  And I specified to load the "nvidia" drive
instead of the "nv" driver.  I also ran the "ldconfig" command with no
luck.
Little confusing, when you down load NVIDIA_Kernel file.  Makes me think
I have to compile and install new kernel, but README doesn't say
anything about installing new kernel.  I went in and did a make xconfig
to see if any new options for NVIDIA were added but found none.  I tried
compiling in the experimental NVIDIA frame buffer support, that only
gives me a nifty Tux logo during boot up now.