[NCLUG] Choosing forum software

J. Paul Reed preed at sigkill.com
Thu Sep 12 17:18:56 MDT 2002

On Thu, 12 Sep 2002, Evelyn Mitchell wrote:

> I've never looked at or installed the Slashdot code.

Last time I looked, Slash was an utter piece of crap.

In addition to Rob Malda mistakenly thinking he can play "editor" because
his site gets thousands of pageviews per day, slash illustrates that he
mistakenly thinks he can create efficient, robust server software.

Basically slash relies on just about every perl no-no to get its job done;
it's clear Malda never took (or maybe failed?) a software engineering
course.

Later,
Paul
  J. Paul Reed                 preed at sigkill.com || web.sigkill.com/preed
  Wait, stop!  We can outsmart those dolphins.  Don't forget: we invented
  computers, leg warmers, bendy straws, peel-and-eat shrimp, the glory
  hole, *and* the pudding cup!  -- Homer Simpson, Tree House of Horror XI