[NCLUG] Redhat 7.3 post install issues

John L. Bass jbass at dmsd.com
Tue Sep 24 08:08:54 MDT 2002

	 It seems that the default behavior on the KDE/Gnome window manager that cut
	paste is no
	longer just mouse events. That is, Mouse btn 1 cut's but then I get a menu
	with a paste
	option when I want to paste. I want the behavior I'm used to, btn1 cut,
	middle button
	paste (or both 1 & 2 together). Where or where do I get that behavior back!
	Is that
	in the XF86 setup file?

I've been using KDE (nearly forever) and left click/drag to select (not
cut) and middle button to paste works for most applications in 6.x, 7.x
and beta null. There are some applications that do not, but at least for
Konsole and most generic text widgets it does. So I'm not sure what is
wrong that you are seeing above since the default behaviour I see is what
is expected.

John