[NCLUG] USB Scanner

Marcio Luis Teixeira marciot at holly.colostate.edu
Thu Sep 26 00:49:44 MDT 2002

Here's a site that may have something:

   http://website.lineone.net/~dvnix/scanner/

That driver supports the "Visioneer OneTouch 7600" and "Visioneer OneTouch
6100". Perhaps that mailing list is a good place to ask whether the 4800 is
supported.

While you're at it, check out the "Hardware" page. Note that the 4800 isn't
listed and the author is asking people for chip names (hint, hint). They do
list the 4400 as using the LM9832. That's a "scanner-in-a-chip" from National
Semiconductors so I'm betting the 4800 has something similar in it. Once you
have the chip name, you can download the specs for the chip from Natl
Semiconductors and have a sufficiently nerdy friend write a driver for you :)

Marcio Luis Teixeira