[NCLUG] mounting vfat partitions

Daniel Miles dmiles at holly.colostate.edu
Tue Apr 29 14:08:52 MDT 2003

You might also have trouble when you realize that only root can write to
the partition when you mount it with

/dev/hdxx	/name	vfat	0	0
in your /etc/fstab file... So, I have mine set to mount so that anybody
in a group I've called "vfaters" can write to it (gid=1058)... The line
looks like this:

/dev/hda4  /win vfat   umask=002,gid=1058,rw,quiet 0 0
works well enough for me :)