[NCLUG] linux compatible 802.11b or 802.11g wireless pc card

Jonathan Bausch j2theb at j2theb.homelinux.net
Fri Aug 1 14:33:16 MDT 2003

pcmcia-cs has compatibility for most all cards.  You might have a harder
time finding one that is not supported.  Most cards are based on the
intersil prismII chicpset.  Like the netgear MA401 I have.  Cards based
on the intersil chipset use the orininoco_cs driver that comes standard
with pcmcia-cs.  I don't use redhat but I'm sure that redhat would come
bound with the pcmcia-cs.  I'd say look for a card based on the prismII
chipset since it is so well supported.