[NCLUG] Breaking news! SCO is full of crap (big surprise)

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Tue Aug 19 18:07:38 MDT 2003

On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 05:47:21PM -0600, jbass at dmsd.com wrote:
>A bunch of Linux supporters would like to believe that the same doesn't
>apply to stolen software code.

Show me where the Linux supporters are saying anything like the above.
In fact, we are saying "we don't want any part of this, show us the code
that has been stolen and we will put a stop to it.  I'm sure that I
speak for a great many Linux supporters in saying that we don't want
other people's proprietary IP in Linux.  The simple fact is that SCO
isn't allowing us to rectify the situation, except by starting from
scratch.

So far, SCO's "proof" is code that has clearly been released with a
BSD license.

It's not really fair of you to imply that we Linux supporters are trying
to get away with screwing SCO.  My problem is that the facts as I know
them seem to point pretty clearly at the converse.

 These go to eleven.
                 -- _This_is_Spinal_Tap_