[NCLUG] Breaking news! SCO is full of crap (big surprise)

jbass at dmsd.com jbass at dmsd.com
Wed Aug 20 15:30:11 MDT 2003

Sean Reifschneider <jafo at tummy.com> writes:
> It's not really fair of you to imply that we Linux supporters are trying
> to get away with screwing SCO.  My problem is that the facts as I know
> them seem to point pretty clearly at the converse.

That was never said or implied of "Linux supporters" in general.

I strongly believe it of certain Linux kernel developers on certain
big iron server companies payrolls that have attempted to short cut
clean room development standard where SCO's IP rights are concerned.

All these companies know what the standards are here, and have been
on one or both sides of the issue with other IP.

That large numbers of Linux supporters openly slander SCO for their
actions in protecting their rights is wrong.

Particularly when they are acting in the dark with misrepresented "facts"
instead of waiting for this to properly play itself out in court.

As the group goes, particularly of those that have posted on this topic,
I may well be the only IANAL here that has actually had to study up
on the law to protect my own business, family and clients. I've tried
to do my best to share that, and provide some balance to the slander.

John