[NCLUG] Breaking news! SCO is full of crap (big surprise)

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Fri Aug 22 22:31:15 MDT 2003

On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 01:39:23PM -0600, jbass at dmsd.com wrote:
>involved. Further distribution by other parties results in each of
>those parties individually accepting the fully liability for their
>own actions after the notification.

SCO has not notified anyway, as far as I know, of copyright violation.
They have notified people of their intent to prove copyright violation.

Again, I don't have any problems with them demonstrating copyright,
trade secret, and contractual violations.  That's definitely their
right.  It is *NOT* their right to shut down the Linux industry
indefinitely, unless you pay SCO $800 per copy until that time.

 Electricity travels a foot in a nanosecond.
                 -- Commodore Grace Murray Hopper