[NCLUG] New to Linux

John L. Bass jbass at dmsd.com
Mon Feb 17 13:59:48 MST 2003

Hi Mike,

There is way to much to learn, or more than most sane people would ever
want to learn, about everything that comes with a linux release.

The Linux for Dummies, while a bit dated, is a good task oriented reference
for things that most people end up needing to do ... that coupled with the
Redhat Docs is generally enough to stay sane and still have a usable system.

Classes are more motivators, and seldom have the depth that most individuals
need. So I'd suggest finding a subset of useful things to get your daily
work done, and pick at it slowly with available Docs in spare time or when
a specific task prompts you to figure it out.

John