[NCLUG] How much should we be making?

DJ Eshelman dj at sgc-inc.net
Wed Feb 19 13:15:01 MST 2003

Hey all- sorry about my extended absence lately- I've been out on a roaming
deployment project (NT based- yack), and recently had an offer from a local
company that would potentially keep me here in Northern Colorado full time,
not just on the weekends as I am now.

So here's the question/situation:
The position I'm concidering is for a mid-level to start, then possibly
senior Linux admin for a company that has about 100 or so local employees,
but a good sized datacenter deployed with a mix between Red Hat x.x, RedHat
Advanced Server, Windows NT and 2000 servers.  I would apparently be
responsible for administering and deploying these servers in the datacenter
with cluster management, etc.  It sounds like a somewhat challenging
position and of course I can't devulge much else, but I'm wondering what
kind of numbers this sort of thing would normally go for up here.  Most of
the numbers I've gotten are skewed 'coastal' data, where the cost of living
is higher and therefore so is the payscales.

So without endangering any of our jobs/contracts/lives, can someone give me
a rough estimate of what a Mid Level Linux Administrator would normally be
making?

hey, if nothing else if I can get good numbers I can start coming to
meetings again :)

thanks all!

-DJ Eshelman
dj at djeshelman.com