[NCLUG] spam assassin

Mike Loseke mike at verinet.com
Thu Feb 20 15:34:04 MST 2003

Thus spake Daniel Miles:

> So I've been having a bigger and bigger problem with spam and I looked
> into spamassassin but it looks like it has to be installed on the server
> end.
>
> Is there a way to put a spam filter on the reciving end?
> Can somebody direct me to the documents I would need to learn how to do
> that?

 I think maybe this will help:

 http://spamassassin.taint.org/faq/index.cgi?req=show&file=faq01.002.htp

 I haven't used it myself local to a single account yet, but I have a user
at work who requested it before we started using it company-wide and got
it running lickety split. I think I just had to install the
Mail::SpamAssassin perl module from CPAN for him. (I can't recall what his
procmail recipe was for it though, let me know and I can dig it up if
necessary.)

--
   Mike Loseke    | Give us this day our daily booze, and forgive us
 mike at verinet.com | our hangovers, so we can forgive those who point