[NCLUG] Compiling of the Nvidia Video Drivers

Mike W Jensen jens001 at attbi.com
Sun Feb 23 18:02:57 MST 2003

Hi there.  I hate to bother you but I have found little on this error, and
thought I would give this a shot.  I recently purchased a Nvidia Geforce4 AGP
MX 440se.  The reason being my old agp went out and I have a dual head so I
figured that this would be a good replacemnt (they also had only nvidia at
best buy).  When I try to compile using the tar and the make install I get
multiple errors.  I even tryed to modifie the Makefile to make it work.  On
the rpm I get "scriptlet error"  I tryed this in 2.4.18-24 and it gave me
that error.  The rpm is made for 2.4.18-18 and someone thought that might be
the problem but it gave me the same error when I went into that kernel.  I am
using rh8.0 and am at a compleat loss on what to do.  In additon on the
scriptlet error in 2.4.18-18 it gave me a message that went something like
"only the developer can help you" LOL.  Thank you for any input if there is
any, I might have to just call nvidia tommarow and see if they will help a
poor linux fool.

p.s. dose anyone know if anyone has made third party open source drivers?

Cheers,
Mike Jensen
http://www.spicylemons.com
jent at spicylemons.com