[NCLUG] Re: ANN: NCLUG Hacking Society, December 21, 2003

John L. Bass jbass at dmsd.com
Sun Jan 19 14:16:34 MST 2003

Marcio Luis Teixeira <marciot at holly.colostate.edu> writes:
> On Sunday 19 January 2003 12:42 pm, Michael Milligan wrote:
> > Are you sure this dinner establishment will even be around
> > on December 21st 2003?  That's a long ways off... ;-)
>
> Huh? Am I missing something? That's only eleven months away -- why would this
> establishment *not* be around? Is the economy so bad that we expect the
> average business not to last for a full year? That's pretty depressing, guys.
> Let's try to be optimistic here. Repeat after me: "In Dec 21st 2003 the
> economy will have recovered and all our .com stock will be worth millions a
> share"
>
> Marcio Luis Teixeira

Prayer #2 held by most next generation .com startups, is please
let this down turn last a little longer so we can finish our product
development and ride to the crest of the next wave with a fresh darling
product. Weeding the underfunded me-too last round startups out in
this down turn frees up that much more sales for the next generation.

Those with debt free realistic business plans are bound to thrive in
the long run - no mater what the economy does.

John