[NCLUG] hp notebooks

Mike Loseke mike at verinet.com
Fri Jan 24 08:34:59 MST 2003

Thus spake Sean Reifschneider:

> On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 09:38:20AM -0700, William Dan Terry wrote:
> >new notebook and have been pleased with HP service and commitment to
> >Linux. But I want to make sure that I can get Linux on it.
>
> Oh, haven't you heard?  HP doesn't make notebooks any more -- they're
> all the Compaq models now...  That's my understanding of the
> situation...  Hopefully, that doesn't matter to you, but I thought I
> would mention it.

 So did they just go all the way and replace the HP Marketing folks with
those who were left from those Compaq acquired when they bought DEC? This
sure sounds like one of their moves as they couldn't market their way out
of a paper bag...

--
   Mike Loseke    | all this net festerage... it's got to be what
 mike at verinet.com | phantom pains feel like...