[NCLUG] inetd not doesn't understand amanda service?

Matt Taggart matt at lackof.org
Mon Jul 7 20:18:58 MDT 2003

"Robie Lutsey" writes...

> I read the inetd man page which implies that Amanda isn't in the
> /etc/services (which it is), and I searched Amanda-users and turned up a =
> guy who had trouble with NIS (which I'm not using).

Here's a guess..

Try taking a look at /etc/nsswitch.conf and `man nsswitch.conf`. You need to
make sure that the "services:" line will search "files". That may mean putting
it first or it might mean making sure that it will "continue" and try files
after it is "notfound" in another source. According to the linux manpage
"continue" is the default behavior, but thaty might not be the case on hpux or
you might have an nsswitch.conf that says to do otherwise. So you need to
determine if you are using and/or need the other "services:" sources and craft
an appropriate line for your case.

Make sense?

--
Matt Taggart