[NCLUG] Re: [lug] Organizing against SCO?

jbass at dmsd.com jbass at dmsd.com
Wed Jul 23 13:58:38 MDT 2003

Jeffrey Siegal <jbs at quiotix.com> writes:
> I think both the owner of the Linux trademark and Linus personally
> should have already taken action against SCO for making false and
> damaging statements against both (not just the actual infringement
> claims but other attacks).  And the major Linux distributors as well.
> But they don't seem very interested in doing so.  I think some of this
> is a willingness to let IBM fight it out.

> As far as the Linux community, other than protests and public education,
> both of which are already being done, I don't see a whole lot more.
> SCO's reputation *within* the Linux community is totally shot at this
> point without any organized effort against them, so there isn't a whole
> lot to be done on that front.

As far as I can tell from the postings of those that took SCO up on it's
offer, SCO has some valid complaints and concerns here. I hope that due
process is still alive in this country, as we seem to have a population
of what should be educated people stomping off to burn witches without
even examining the facts.

John