[NCLUG] Re: What a winner of a case .... understanding copyright

jbass at dmsd.com jbass at dmsd.com
Sat Jul 26 23:00:39 MDT 2003

"James Allen" <jallen at linuxmail.org> writes:
> and their is no evidence where they actually came from or how they
> got there.

I guess I could have been more blunt that Linus quotes directly
refute your assertions of fact about records.

	Linus quote: "So we actually have a very good notion of where
	the code came from and what the [intellectual property] rights
	are...when it comes to the stuff that IBM has given Linux, we
	have been very, very careful about how we accept them. The one
	thing SCO has mentioned has been the Read Copy Update code that
	IBM gave us, and that wasn't accepted for the longest time into
	the kernel exactly because we knew the patents were owned by IBM.
	[But] we said we couldn't take it until you [IBM] said very
	explicitly that you also license the patents."

John