[NCLUG] Proposal

Daniel Miles dmiles at holly.colostate.edu
Tue Jun 10 00:03:39 MDT 2003

I propose that we remove the e-mail addresses from the archive postings.
My reasoning is as follows:

Recently I've noticed a *huge* increase on the amount of spam I get in
my inbox (it's gone from absolutly nothing to like 30 a day within a few
weeks).

Now, you can't press the "unsubscribe me" links because all that does is
confirm to the spammers that they've hit an active e-mail address, it
just makes your problem worse. However, I *was* interested in how they
got my address since I gaurd it so closely...

Google came up with a couple of things that I've posted to this list,
apparently in the archives. I belive that spammers are using a
harvesting program to get addresses and they've found us. :(