[NCLUG] bootable software raid 1?

Erich mojo_head at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 13 19:54:16 MDT 2003

I successfully installed KRUD8.0 on twin 40GB IDE drives by
partitioning one and then changing all partitions to type
raid, and then cloning them onto the second drive.  I am
attempting to simulate a drive failure by removing one
drive, and replacing with a blank of the same capacity.
The cables were set to cable select.  I cannot seem to get
the system to boot.

I have obviously blundered.  I want to have a mirrored set
up taht will allow for a complete disk failure and still
allow bot/use of the machine.

Is this possible with software raid-1, and if so, what am I
doing wrong?

Thanks -

Erich