[NCLUG] Shells and stuff...

Jim Wildman jim at rossberry.com
Wed Jun 25 07:23:10 MDT 2003

That's an interesting sequence.

Don't forget about the 'fc' command too.

Essentially, bash has done a Borg job on almost every good command line
feature of the other shells and can behave like one of them with a
little persuasion.  I routinely use csh history commands (!!, !?, !-4,
!:s/pat/newpat/) in bash.  Can always tell when someone has come over
from the windows world...they think the up arrow is the key to all shell
history.

Jim Wildman, CISSP, RHCE                                jim at rossberry.com
http://www.rossberry.com