[NCLUG] email push modules?

Matt Taggart matt at lackof.org
Wed Mar 5 12:06:21 MST 2003

Michael Lewis writes...

> Are you talking about something with email merge capability?  I have
> written something in Zope, (DTML), that will send personalized emails to
> my customer base, based on areas of interest.  I don't know if that will
> do you any good since your stuff is done in JAVA.

I think he means having users decide what format they'd like automated reports
in.

Tom,

I think the nagios project http://www.nagios.org/ has something like this.
Their software monitors your services and can send email, pages, SMS, etc.
when things go down based on user preference. Not quite the same thing but a
similar concept.

Are you looking for something off the shelf or are you writing your own. I
can't imagine it would be too hard to throw something together, especially
since you probably already have the user logins on our site, right?

--
Matt Taggart
matt at lackof.org