[NCLUG] Mac laptop x contrast problems

Mike W Jensen jens001 at attbi.com
Sun Mar 9 11:59:44 MST 2003

I just got a mac laptop so I can play with linux on a mac.  I got yellow dog
linux 2.3 installed fine.  With a simple kernel argument
(video=atyfb:vmode:10) i get it booting into consol fine.  Without the video
dosent work right.  But as soon as I start it in x no matter if it is kde
gnome or anything it adjust the contrast to the max!  This is the reason why
I did a text install and not a gui install.  I tryed pbbuttons to adjust it
but it would only do the brightness and it is the  contrast that is the
problem.  I have it hooked to an external monitor right now and it looks
fine.  I have no idea what this is or what to do next?  Thank you so much.