[NCLUG] NFS question

Mike Loseke mike at verinet.com
Wed Mar 26 14:21:28 MST 2003

Thus spake Christopher J. Keist:

> Thanks, I just saw that you have to have that compiled in.  Also says
> still in experimental stages.

 I can attest to NFS v3 over TCP working quite well. I have 30+ clients
in a compute ranch which are accessing applications and data over NFS with
no problems. Attribute caching, as with all NFS clients, can rear it's
ugly head during certain race conditions, but it isn't specific to Linux.

 Of these machines I have a few which are exporting data to Linux and
Solaris clients. These are mounted v2/udp (explicitly by the client) for
reasons other than NFS performance. At one point there was a reverse lookup
taking place which caused a mount to take way too long (2, even 3 seconds!)
and I backed it out to v2/udp for my own sanity. I haven't re-tested this
at this time.

 As you stated, you just have to enable it all during a kernel build if
you're rolling one by hand.

--
   Mike Loseke    | If you thought Linux Advocates were obnoxious now,
 mike at verinet.com | wait 'til you see the new, improved Linux Amiga