[NCLUG] Adaptec Raid woes, cont..

Erich mojo_head at yahoo.com
Thu May 15 13:52:57 MDT 2003

John et al.,

Thanks for the help earlier.  I ran the followning
commands, and all completed without error:

# fdisk /dev/sda1
IN fdisk, I made sure there were no pre-existing partions
left (deleted them), than selected to create one primary
partition, partition 1.  I wrote this to the drive.

# mkfs -t ext3 /dev/sda1

This completed without error.  The activity lights on the
drive array indicated that writes were occuring on all
disks.

I then ran the following, and received these errors.  Any
ideas?

[root at Leah mnt]# mount -t ext3 /dev/sda1 /mnt/raid
EXT3-fs error (device sd(8,1)): ext3_check_descriptors:
Block bitmap for group 34 not in group (block 0)!
EXT3-fs: group descriptors corrupted !
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on
/dev/sda1,
     or too many mounted file systems
[root at Leah mnt]#