[NCLUG] updating RH install trees

Joseph McDonald joem at uu.net
Fri Oct 17 12:55:43 MDT 2003

On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 04:30:57AM -0600, Sean Reifschneider wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 12:45:05PM -0600, Mike Loseke wrote:
> > Ok, hopefully this is a simple question. Is updating the packages in the
> >RedHat install tree (RPMS directory) as simple as dropping the new ones in
> >(say a new kernel rev)?

I just got done doing this.. it's not as simple as dropping
the new packages.. Here's how I'm doing it for RHL9:

-----------
#!/bin/sh
#

export PYTHONPATH=/usr/lib/anaconda
BASE=/home/install/redhat/9/updated_release
cd $BASE

/usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/genhdlist $BASE
/usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/pkgorder $BASE i386 > $BASE/pkgorder.txt
/usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/buildinstall --comp dist-9 --pkgorder $BASE/pkgorder.txt --version .01 --release "Custom" $BASE

so, $BASE should be ...9/en/os/i386/

e.g. you should be able to 'cd $BASE/RedHat/RPMS/'

	--joey