[NCLUG] notebook power

William Dan Terry william.terry at knotworks.com
Tue Oct 21 23:06:55 MDT 2003

I'm running KRUD 9 on my hp pavilion ze5300. I cannot monitor battery
life. I have discovered that acpi is the newer way to do so. APM support
is not in my kernel, though I've updated the kernel directly from RedHat
a few times since I did the install from KRUD. ACPI support also doesn't
appear to be in my kernel. Are there any options short of getting kernel
source and making a new kernel? Can anyone point me to current wisdom?

TIA, William

How do we acquire wisdom along with all these shiny things? -David Brin

    PGP public key:     http://www.knotworks.com/wdt_pgp_pubkey.asc
    fingerprint: BE50 6158 80F3 78FF 16B1  C85F 7CCB 3FEB 5485 56E5