[NCLUG] SCO Open Letter to the Open Source Community

jbass at dmsd.com jbass at dmsd.com
Sun Oct 26 20:05:19 MST 2003

"J. Paul Reed" <preed at sigkill.com> writes:

> it's interesting to see even disinterested lawyers laughing at SCO

Paul, you should get your facts straight. First Groklaw is Pamela Jones's
web site, and she is paralegal, not a lawyer. And she is anything but
disinterested, by her own words in a Linux Online interview we have:

	I love GNU/Linux software. It taught me how much fun computers
	can be. I love seeing into the process. I love the ideals behind
	free software, specifically, caring about other people and not
	just yourself, and cooperation, and being able to look at the
	code and even change it and share it freely. I've written about
	how it makes me feel in an article called, "It's Free As in Freedom,
	Stupid". Yes, I was mad that night. ...

What we have is a wannabe lawyer that is an open source advocate, and
hardly "disinterested" as you try to distort the facts here.

John