[NCLUG] Mini-ITX/PC-104

Dave Treece davet at frii.com
Wed Apr 28 06:19:50 MDT 2004

I'm just learning about Mini-ITX and PC-104 systems, I was wondering if
anybody has worked with these using Linux. I'd also like some pointers on
building such a system - since I've never done it, it would be nice to see
an example/howto.

Also, the application I'm looking at requires 8 serial ports. I've found
mult-port PCI cards that would probably work with the Mini-ITX. But, I've
only found 4 port cards for the PC-104. Could you stack two of the 4 port
PC-104 cards?

Another question, then I'll set back and see what responses I get...

The PC-104's I've seen seem to be underpowered 386, are there any faster
systems (P2/586/etc)? Pointers would be helpful.

Thanks, for your insight!