[NCLUG] recover image files?

Onyx onyx at frii.com
Mon Aug 23 14:40:30 MDT 2004

Zil,
It sounds like you have been trying to deal with corrupted images (from
what you posted and from what others have responded).  I have a
different thought/approach since your end goal is to restore the
images.  Were the images on your Linux machine prior to the corruption?
  If so, do you have snapshot backup functionality?  If the images were
on your machine before the corruption, perhaps you can restore them
from the snapshot backups.  Let me know if this /is/ the case and you
are not familiar with snapshots.  If not, it was just a thought....
snapshots have saved me from *many* situations.  ;-)

- Onyx