[NCLUG] Re: NCLUG Digest, Vol 4, Issue 14

Steve Chadsey tyr at teiresias.net
Tue Feb 24 13:45:54 MST 2004

On Tue, Feb 24, 2004 at 11:41:01AM -0800, Tim wrote:
> internal modems to function under Linux.  The best
> route I have found is pick up a Cisco 675 or Cisco 678
> on eBay or ???  They are DSL Routers that Qwest uses
> and there are plenty out there for cheap.  Just make
> sure the one you buy is not password protected and
> comes with the cables (unless you have some Cisco
> cables laying around).

If you're in Fort Collins, I don't think you'll have much luck with
Qwest DSL using a 675.  I posted a while ago about trying to find a
678, and as luck would have it I managed to find one on eBay.  It was
password protected (of course), but there is a documented method
for resetting it.  It works splendidly with my Qwest DSL service,
much better than the ActionTec that I had been provided.

--
Steve Chadsey <tyr at teiresias.net>